- Hits: 18907
West Asia steel company has two laboratories: Product & chemical laboratory
The task of this laboratory is based on various plant unit's requests .
The laboratory’s equipment is included:
- PH meter (measuring PH solutions)
- Conductometre (measuring conductivity solutions)
- Erlenmeyer shaker (mixing of material by shaking)
- Distilled Water producer
- Digital balancer (accuracy: 0.0001 gram)
Various tests will be done on oil, emulsion, acid and effluent. Some these tests are as following:
measuring oil concentration of emulsion, saponification value, acidity number, Iron content, chloride of emulsion, water hardness, Alkalinity measuring, measuring of oil, chloride and iron in water.
In this laboratory will be done various metallurgical and mechanical tests like as: element analysis, microstructure evaluation, tensile test, bending test, hardness and Roughness measuring.
Product laboratories' equipment is as following:
- tensile and bending equipment (QUASAR 100, made in Italy, capacity load : 10 T): to determine mechanical properties like as yield point, ultimate tensile, elongation percentage, R-value, N-value.
- Hardness measuring device (Omni test universal, made in Switzerland): In 3 types: Rockwell (A, B, C and 30T), Brinel and Vickers.
- Roughness measuring equipment (Surtronic 25, Taylor Hobson co): applicable for steel strip and roll.
- Spectrophotometer (Spectrolab AMATEK made in Germany): able to detecting of 26 steel-base elements.
- Grinder machine (to prepare sample for spectrophotometer)
- Optical microscopy(magnifications 1000×)
- Optical microscopy(magnifications 400×)
- Mounting equipment(The aim of mounting is to handle small or odd shaped specimens and to protect fragile materials, thin layers or coating during preparation as well as to provide good edge retention)
- Cutter(Precision cutting is used for precise and deformation-free cutting)