- Hits: 23419
According to its centrality in the Iranian part (Jabal Ali, Bandar Abbas, Salafchegan, Bandar Anzali, Astarakhan, and vice versa), Salafchegan Special Area is a bridge among the important ports of Middle East and Middle Asia; depot for storing the goods of transit, and the raw material needed for production lines, and also center for centralization of distribution and conveyance of empty containers and their storage.
This area has appropriate climatic conditions for trade activities, storing goods and warehousing for all seasons.
The existence of economical and trade ties with the over than one billion population of the ECO member countries and The Islamic Conference Organization member countries is another advantage which augments the importance of the position of Salafchegan area.
The activity in Salafchegan Special Economical Area has been defined in general, and the possibility of different industrial usages beside the trade, administrative, and service activities have been provided.
Creation of productive, packaging, and assembling line industries in the area exploiting value added for transfer of technology and job creation are causes of promotion of its capacities.
The development of facilities of telecommunications, radio, and satellite communications in the area offers the possibility of proper communications.
The area benefits from important particularities which are as follows:
- Proximity to the political, economical, and trade centers of the country
- The settlement of about 60% of the whole important industries of the country within a 230 kilometers radius and proximity to the big industrial, productive, and consumer cities, such as Tehran, Isfahan, Arak, Saveh, Qom, and etc.
- Connection with the major expressways of the country (North and South, East and West), Tehran- Salafchegan superhighway, Tehran- Qom and Isfahan superhighway
- Availability of the Iranian national railways and international airports
- Access to the Central Asia and Beyond Caucasian Area countries by land , seaway, and air lane
- Availability of skilled, professional, and efficient manpower with suitable wage
- Easiness of labor relations with the existence and enforcement of the particular labor law of special areas
- Enjoying the special geographical advantages of the country and being situated in Iran’s trade crossroads, so that this area is the passageway of the majority of the country’s provinces
- Being situated in the way of the North- South corridor
- Access to cheap energy, manpower, and services, given the proximity of their supply centers
- Availability of land purchase or cession facilities for building
- Availability of facilities for storage and supply of petroleum and derivatives related to the inside of the country and transferring them to the exit bases
- Possibility of holding international and specialized fairs for the recognition of the area and promotion of the producers and expert’s level of knowledge
- Possibility of the establishment of the international universities’ representatives, with the advantage of near distance to Tehran and big cities
- Possibility of establishing exchange branches of banks for offering the required facilities, and opening bank credit and letter of credit for import to the regional market
- Economical justification of establishing cold stores for keeping perishables (fruits, vegetables, flowers and plants, and etc.), according to the area being situated on the border of desert and the tropical cities of the country centre